Vision Street Eye Care provides many services.
- Primary Eye Care examinations
- Detection and Treatment of Glaucoma
- Comprehensive diabetic retinal examinations
- Cataract examinations
- Macular Degeneration examinations
- Treatment of eye infections
- Color vision screening
- Removal of foreign bodies from the eye
- Dry eye treatment
- and many other medical eye problems
- Contact lens fitting for nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatism, and those who need bifocals. Our trained staff and train you to insert, remove, and care for your contact lenses.
- Latest Sunglasses and Sunglass technology
- We can fill all valid contact lens prescriptions and eye glasses prescriptions
- Trained staff to help you find the perfect eye glasses frame style that will best serve your needs
- Custom consultations on eye glass lens technology to make your eye glass lenses lighter, thinner, and more glare resistant
- We are providers of many insurance plans including the following:
Vision Insurance Plans accepted: EyeMed Vision Plan, Vision Service Plan (VSP), Spectera Vision Plan, Opticare Vision Plan (coming soon), MetLife Vision, MetLife Vision Access, National Vision Administrators (NVA), First Look Vision Network (also known as AlwaysCare), Humana Vision Care Plan (VCP), Medicaid, and BJC Vision Plan.
Medical Insurance Plans accepted: Medicare, Healthlink, UMR, United Health Care, and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. These insurances will not cover routine eye exams or eyeglasses. However, if there is a medical reason for the visit such as an eye infection, diabetes, cataracts, macular degeneration, etc., they can cover most, and in many cases all, of your eye examination. We will file your insurance for you to be sure you receive your maximum benefit.
- We take many credit and debit cards including Mastercard, Visa, American Express
- We also use a company called Care Credit that will finance your purchase at 0% interest to you on a 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 12 month, or 18 month schedule. That’s right no interest!
We have recently converted to Electronic Medical Records to better serve you. One of the many benefits of this technology is it helps to prevent cases of unwanted drug interactions because it will cross references what you are already taking with what we need to prescribe and makes sure nothing will react. This system also allows us to prescribe medications over the internet directly to your pharmacy so your prescriptions are there waiting for you to pick up later that same day! This is just one way we are trying to stay up with technology to better serve our patients.
Vision Street Eye Care just purchased a Topcon Maestro Ocular Coherence Tomographer (OCT). This is a new high tech device that not only takes pictures of the back of your eye but also uses a scanning laser to image the layer of the retina that we typically can not see. This allows us to actually see what is going on under the retinal surface and allows us to detect problems much earlier than ever before. We offer this technology to any patient who would like to have one ran. We only charge an additional $30.00 for a screening OCT. Any patient who would like to have this done during their exam can simple let us know. It is a simple, non-invasive, test that only takes a couple of minutes to run. This test would especially be a good idea for any patient who has a family history of diabetes or macular degeneration. Come in and check out this great new technology!
Vision Street Eye Care is now able to offer a new genetic test called Macula Risk. With this test we now have the ability to perform a genetic test for patients who are showing signs of Macular Degeneration. By analyzing your genes inherited from your parents and by taking into account smoking history, this Macula Risk Test identifies those most likely to progress to Advanced Macular Degeneration with vision loss. The test is a simple cheek swab test that can be done in the office. Most insurances will cover this test if there are signs of Macular Degeneration. If you would want to have the test done, but show no signs of the disease, the lab does charge $750.00 for the test. By identifying those at high risk, it enables us to be proactive in being sure you are monitored frequently so we can treat the disease early, before vision loss or even blindness occurs. For more information on this test you can visit: www. macularisk.com
We also have a Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer that helps with mapping your peripheral vision. This allows us to track and monitor for glaucoma and to detect many neurological problems that can be caused from diseases including brain tumors, brain aneurysms, and strokes.